Title and degree
Assistant Professor, doctor
Umer Shahzad, male, was born in February 1992 in Sialkot, Punjab province of Pakistan. Currently, he serves as foreign expert and researcher at Anhui University of Finance and economics. Dr Umer Shahzad currently works as senior researcher and Assistant Professor in Anhui University of Finance and Economics. His research interests include capital flows, energy economics and sustainability. Dr. Umer current research is focused on environmental aspects of energy, climate change and international trade. He has published several impact factors papers and has been a peer reviewer for many international journals. He is very motivated researcher and like to have cross-country research collaboration with well-known researchers. Dr Umer Completed his PhD in economics from School of Economics, Shandong University during 2016 to 2020. While the Master of Commerce during 2011-2015, was completed from the prestigious university of Pakistan (University of the Punjab Lahore). He has worked as visiting professor at University of the Punjab from 2015 to 2016 and taught several finance and commerce related courses such as financial reporting standards, business management, research methods. Few of the publications are listed below. Currently, several papers of Dr Umer are published in good Journals and under review in top journals.
一、Published academic papers
· Umer Shahzad, Yulan Lv, Buhari Dogan, Wanjun Xia, Unveiling the heterogeneous impacts of export product diversification on renewable energy consumption: New evidence from G-7 and E-7 countries (2021) RENEWABLE ENERGY
· Umer Shahzad, Zeeshan Fareed, Farrukh Shahzad, Khurram Shahzad “Investigating the nexus between economic complexity, energy consumption and ecological footprint for the United States: New insights from quantile methods” (2020), Journal of Cleaner Production
· Umer Shahzad, Buhari Dogan, Avik Sinha, Zeeshan Fareed “Does Export Product diversification help to reduce energy demand: Exploring the contextual evidences from the Newly Industrialized Countries” (2020) ENERGY
· Unveiling the heterogeneous impacts of environmental taxes on energy consumption and energy intensity: Empirical evidence from OECD countries, (2021) ENERGY
· Umer Shahzad, Diogo Ferraz, Buhari Dogan, Daisy Aparecida do Nascimento Rebelatto “Export Product Diversification and CO2 Emissions: Contextual evidences from Developing and Developed Economies” (2020) Journal of Cleaner Production (SCI)
· Tehreem Fatima, Umer Shahzad, Lianbiao Cui “Renewable and nonrenewable energy consumption, trade and CO2 emissions in high emitter countries: Does the income level matter? (2020) Journal of Environmental Planning and Management (SSCI)
· Export Product diversification and Energy Efficiency: Empirical evidence from OECD Countries (Structural Change and Economic Dynamics) SSCI
· Not All Terrorists' Attacks are Alike: The Missed Impact of Terrorism in Big Cities (2021) AppliedEconomic Letters (SSCI)
· Does Export Product diversification help to reduce energy demand: Exploring the contextual evidences from the Newly Industrialized Countries (2020) ENERGY
· Investigating the Effects of Meteorological Parameters on COVID-19: Case Study of New Jersey, United States (2020) Environmental Research
· Effects of climatological parameters on the outbreak spread of COVID-19 in highly affected regions of Spain (2020) Environmental Science and Pollution Research
· Role of economic complexity to induce renewable energy: contextual evidence from G7 and E7 countries (2021) International Journal of Green Energy (SSCI)
1. Currently submitted one project at ANHUI PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT, that is currently under review.
三、Monographs and textbooks
1．Submitted one chapter for a book, currently under review at Springer. Title is “Export Diversification and Environmental Pollution in China: a Multivariate Environmental Kuznets Curve Approach”. that is currently under review.